Well... I've done both tests now, I didn't do extreamly well on any of them but I wasn't that bad either, it feels like I'll get medium-grades for both of them, a little above average but not topgrades either.
I got into a little discussion on Msn, about Valentine's Day.. Well, I kinda started the discussion, I claimed that Valentine's Day was something bad, the worst tradicion ever, infact; the worst day of the year. Of course the other two person's didn't agree.. Maybe you don't agree either, but let me explain myself, I'm not saying you have to agree after I've explained either, just let me explain my point of view.
1. Valentine's Day is commercialistic, all the gifts and so on.. are we that superficial?.. I for one wouldn't like to think so. I think it's bad enough that everybody buys tons of gifts during Christmas, that is the one part of Christmas I don't like acctually. Sure, getting presents is fun, but when I think about it; I don't feel any better in the long run.. well, I don't feel better at all, getting presents during Christmas often makes me jealous.. and jealousy never was and never will be good in any way. I think Christmas presents can bring out a lot of other bad qualities. So why have another holiday based around giving presents to each other?
2. In most countries (not all but the majority) Valentine's Day is for couples.. I don't know any holiday that celebrates individuals without partners, I mean.. there's Mother's Day and Father's Day.. And most other holidays doesn't leave anyone out. I do think that Valentine's Day may be a good holiday for people who's got somebody to share it with.. still; there's a whole lot of singles out there.. and as I've experienced it; the holiday really has the opposite effect on a lot of people.
Aaaand that's the end of that inner discussion. Or whatever that was...
Well.. I've mentioned the tests.. and Valentine's Day.. Oh, right, I just wanted you to know that I'm really comfortable with my school class this year, everyone in it is (with maybe one or two exceptions) really kind-hearted and wonderful.
I didn't do much on my freetime today, I got Mirror's Edge back from my classmate today, I downloaded the new free map from Playstation Store and tried to beat all of my time trial records, he did have better times than me on almost every track, but I'll catch up.
I listened to the new album The Fray released today too, it's hard to say if it was as good as their previous work.. but I do think there was some great songs there, I liked Ungodly Hour the most I think, cause it reminded me the most of their previous songs... Although "You Found Me"'s great too...
I'll try to get my well-earned sleep now, I'm mighty tired.
The song of today:
Mercy by Sam Hart a.k.a. Blinktwice4y a.k.a. Mario Kart Guy
Have I ever told.. well... anyone that I'm so into acoustic music?..No? Well now I have, I love the feeling that it is really pure and from the heart you get from acoustic music. Although the song does has got to have great lyrics. Obviously this song does have both, combine that with a voice I find really great and you've got this song.. Compared to his most famous song; Mario Kart Love Song, this one doesn't have that (although "charming"(in lack of better words)) reference-fun part- I do like the Mario Kart Love Song but I prefer Mercy, I can really feel those lyrics more. Listen to it, it's on YouTube, not hard to find at all with all the information I just gave you.
Have a good one //yours truely
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment