Monday, 2 February 2009

Sweden in early february

At least where I live (somewhere in the middle part of Sweden) we've got a layer of snow on the ground right now, not as thick as I remember from my childhood, but still, I would say there's a 1 dm thick layer. The tempature is somewhere around 0°C, sometimes more, sometimes less. The sun shines during school hours but not all that long after that. That was the weather-report haha. No, I wanted to give you an insight of how my enviroment is right now, you know a little about how depressing it can be, eventhough sometimes beautiful.

Enough about that, I think mostly why I noticed that all of a sudden is that I've got so much work in school, I had a Swedish-class test today, about that book I read during the weekend and tomorrow I've got two more tests in different subjects, so basicly what I'm doing today except writing here is studying. I think that I havn't had time to think about things like that, I mean, like the weather and all. So when I began to think of it, I got caught in it because I do need a little rest from all the schoolwork.

One interesting thing is regarding "Staden och Framtiden" (Directly translated it reads "City and the Future") a subject I have on mondays, we learn about the development of cities, why they were built in different places during different periods of times, how the plan for cities look and also a little smaller scale arciteture (the arcitecture is not a big part of the subject at all). Anyway, that class have been offered to help out with the new planning for our city/town, they are basicly making a map with possible areas for different things, like; where should industries lie and where should there be playgrounds or residential houses and so on, the plan is looking over a timespan of about 20-30 years into the future. What we've been asked to do is to do some research about what the youth of my town desires, what they think is missing, like activities and shops and if they think they are in need of a place to hang out and so on, additionally we are to check where most people hang out when they are outside. In the end we are to have some sort of clear result or we will propose something that we have found out is needed. I am a little excited about this as you may notice but think about it;

1. This is not at all like any other schoolwork I've experienced so far
2. We may well influence the future of our hometown.

I forgot to tell you yesterday that I've got Spotify now, the great audiostreaming program, I just love it, I do believe it is one of the greatest ideas of "modern time". So that's where I listen to music nowadays.

As you may understand I've got a lot of studying to do so I won't tell you anything more about what've happened since last time, that can wait until I've got time to do something again.

The song of today:
Crosses by José González


LOVELY, DIFFERENT, BRILLIANT.
That's my thoughts about it, if I were to describe it very shortly.. oh wait.. I guess I am describing it very shortly because I really need to study now, just listen to it and make up your own opinion if you want more information. The song Teardrop by the same guy is almost as good.


Until next time; I'll see you guys.

No comments: