Monday, 31 January 2011

Giving Valentine's Day a (almost) fair chance.

Can it be? A positive spin on my opinions about Valentine's day? Well... yes and no. I read what I said last year. And I kind of said "everything I said my first year still holds true, I even see my past self as smarter and a better person".

I think I've stopped looking up to my old self so much. That's the first thing. I noticed that my english was even worse two years ago to begin with...

I also find it easier to be smart and idealistic when you are kind of emotionally balanced. I think that's what I saw the most when I looked back on myself a year ago. That's why I didn't write last year either I think. I think I was kind of a wreck. And maybe I still am.

So what did I say two years ago? Basically; I claimed that the holiday serves commercial perposes.. I still think that. I also said that alot of people are left out. I still agree with that too.

Also, one of my classmates held a speech in class, talking about entering a boycott against Valentine's Day. And I completely agreed with her points. It was very convincing.

And yet I claim that this is the post where I talk about the good sides of Valentine's Day?
How can I claim that?

Well, that's what I'm getting to now.

The most positive things I can say about Valentine's Day is that it is a beautiful idea in theory and that it COULD be something truely great and magnificent! Celebrating love is not something that is bad in and of itself. I do think that it could be more widely percieved as any kind of love though! Like the love you feel for your family and the love you feel for your friends. Also, love isn't really about gifts, is it? If it is just buy things to your hearts content. But if it isn't, maybe you should spend time with the ones you love during Valentine's Day? To me, that sounds a lot more like a varm and lovely holiday. If you see Valentine's Day like an opportunity like that, to show that you really care about people. It can really be something nice and beautiful. But once again it is a fine line. I don't know if Valentine's Day ever could be that good. But you can always try :).

(I wrote about Valentine's day February 3rd 2009 and I looked back on that February 13th 2010)

Oh and I almost forgot (and yes, I know you guys were kidding when suggesting these :P):

MOST DEDICATED HARRY POTTER-FAN 2010

Alexandra. Because of reasons!

Also: Alexandra. Toenails.

Oh wait.. have you seen that video Alexandra? I bet you haven't... so that reference wouldn't make sense... hmm.. Well here is the serious-face one then: well it is quite obvious, you've reached a level of fan-obsession that I've rarely seen or something. I wish you luck in that and that's why you take home both second and first place!
(Oh and the video? Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m460DrooJSI enjoy, it's at the very end of it)

BIGGEST ITACHI FAN 2010

This one goes to........ ME : D!!!
...
...
...
Haha no, freaked you out a little bit there, didn't I ;D?

No the real winners are (just like Anna herself suggested when she suggested the category) Anna and Chris :)! Cat-ears, 189, need I say more? You guys win : )!!! Congratulations, you've deserved it :D

The song of today:
January Hymn by The Decemberists

:). Goodbye January, I'll probably see you again next year.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Hooray!! We gots an award! Must remember to tell sister XD! Thank you:). Oh, and Alejandra totally deserves hers XD!!! Also, I have always kind of seen Valentines day as a day for family, because it is my moms birthday:). Sounds like a good idea:)!

Landsväg said...

Haha yes, yes, you all deserve the awards : D.

Oh and I see.. well that makes sense : ). Good for you ^^

Gson said...

I won! :D
I shake you warmily by the hand!
I will do my very best to win it this year too (does any one really dare to challenge me??) and it will be awesome.

Anna and Chris: you are worthy winners of your award and I congratulate you! Hearties!

Dante, you are one awesome apprentice. You will go far!
Apprentice of the year 2010 easily goes to you! Keep up the good work!

Landsväg said...

I don't know if anyone should challenge you, for their own health's sake! xP. But yes, you totally deserved it!

Thank you I'm so happy that I got that award, I'm honored and pleased to get this prestigious award :)! Thanks for thinking that I'm going to go far.. I kind of agree, I just don't know where I will go far..to.. or something xD?

And work!?!? :O!? No but what should I keep up? School-work? Being your apprentice? Writing stuff in my blog?