Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Fourth New Years Post

This is the fourth New Years post, I haven't posted anything on this blog in a year and I don't mind. My blogs are for my own sake and I haven't felt like doing anything here. My blog in swedish is still used though. (oigenkanningshumor.blogspot.com). With that out of the way; I still like to sum up my year and I've done it here three times before so I will do it here again.

THE 40 QUESTIONS:

Just like I did the other years, I’ve answered 40 questions that I found at a page that doesn't exist anymore so I don't know who to give credit for them. Here are the questions:

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?

I can't really think of anything.. Well I kinda hadn't cosplayed before and I only did it halfway this year too. Oh, I was out promoting UNF (Ungdomens nykterhetsförbund) too.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Didn't make any I think. I don't know if I will make any for next year either.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I don't think so(?).

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

I stayed at home.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

My sanity? I want to know more for certain what I feel about things in my life and when I do figure stuff out I want to have more control. I want to be able to do schoolwork without breaking completely. I want to have goals, something to strive for, to know where I'm going. In short I think a little more stability in some areas is what I want.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Sadly I think of the 6th October. Maybe I remember the date because it's my sisters birthday but it really was something etched upon my memory. I had other terrible days, where I screamed to let off the burden of some news that was just to much to take and I also had fantastic days and a bittersweet farewell to UppCon. But the thing is.. I can't remember any of the dates. So what happened on my sisters birthday? Well I sat up all night, all weekend actually... and argued with my friends... over the most stupid shit (quite frankly) ever... it was mostly miscommunication on everybodys part too, nobody really meant what the others interpreted their words as. And I started it. It was my fault. And the three people I see most of all were involved, one of them mostly arguing on my side and the two others on the other. It actually upset me more than or equal to anything else this year. My family had major problems this year, I'm not going to go into detail but at times I don't feel this family works right now. And still this date is right up there with that. To be angry is so much easier than to be hurt and sad. And I find myself being able to just be pissed at my family.. so that is easier to deal with. I actually went back and looked just so that I did have the date correct.. and just seeing that gave me a really bad feeling in my stomach. One or two days after my sisters birthday she came into my room and asked what was up because I had cried so loudly that she heard it from her room. I don't know if that has happened before. Oh well, there you have it. I am really glad that that just kind of ended. It was such unnecessary pain for everybody involved. And I feel stupid for remembering that date over all of the awesome and fun ones from this year. But I won't lie and make something up about another date.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I don't really know. I was really proud when I managed to get through a study-pace of 150% so maybe that?

9. What was your biggest failure?

Maybe I failed at the same time, I managed to get completely worn out and broken from school after that ”achievement”... Maybe that.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No, if you don't count the thing in 9.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Maybe Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations actually, it served to entertain me AND my friends a lot of fun nights. If I think of it that way it was an awesome buy.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

Well there are three people in my life that gave me a home when I felt like mine was crumbling around me. Since those three people are the only ones I told what happened too I don't want to be too blunt about it here either but I hope you know who you are and how deeply I appreciate your help and friendship even when I was in an extremely unpleasant situation.

Then there are all the other friends in my life actually, I don't really see a point to anything beyond the nights and weekends we've spent doing fun stuff together so thanks every friend in my life for giving me purpose and having a great time together with me.


13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

Well... once again, there is a clear answer or two that relates to what I've said earlier that I'm not going to tell, just to protect all the people involved.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Transportation to school.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

I guess I should say Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 because I've been following news for that game a little too eagerly. I can't really think of anything that I'd really classify as excitement in the year though.. other than maybe those small fun things I've done with my friends, like fighting game weekends and sleepovers and Thursdays and so on.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?

Euphoria by Loreen maybe? Chicago by Tom Waits maybe? First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes maybe? One was our winner in Eurovision song contest and also everywhere and also an artist that made an overall good impression on me as a person and made me proud. The other was with me when I was in shock and I screamed more or less in sync with the lyrics. The third one is just playing on repeat for me the last month or two. It's a really really good song that has become the soundtrack to many walks and bus rides.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

I. happier or sadder?

Both I think. Over the year I think I've regained emotion on a larger scale, I was kind of locked up before, still am in many ways only not as much. And as a consequence I've gotten a bit more happy during happy times and the same thing applies to sadness.

II. thinner or fatter?

The same? I actually got thinner running every weekday during the first half of the year and then during the second I got fatter again because my leg caused me to stop running and then it was hard to begin again.

III. richer or poorer?

Not that much of a difference, still don't have that much money.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Once again more creative stuff.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Sitting around watching Youtube-videos.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Well I've celebrated ahead of time a little with some friends and on Christmas I was with my family and my cousins, it was fun. After New Year I'll meet up with my friends to exchange gifts, that will be awesome :)!

21. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?

I will be at Kenny’s, for our yearly LAN-party and the gaming tournament we created three years ago, HN. (Honor of the Nerds), I will enjoy myself :D.

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?

No, I have been wondering about my feelings towards a lot of people around me though. I can't say I've come to all that many conclusions.

23. How many one-night stands?

0

24. What was your favorite TV program?

Så mycket bättre, season 3 maybe. I can't say I liked it quite as much as the two first seasons I think.. but I still liked it alot.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Yes.

26. What was the best book you read?

Eh was it this year that I finally got to read Bridge to Terabithia? Yeah I think it was. Soo that one I think. I just love that book and the movie. But I also really liked things in school (literature student).. like Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In).

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes maybe?

28. What did you want and got?

I wanted to keep my friends and keep doing things with them.. and I did!

29. What did you want and not get?

Sanity. In me and in the world.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Impossible to say. It's either Avengers or it's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 21. I had one awesome birthday party with a whole lot of my friends, I won't forget that.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

If Springsteen and NärCon wasn't on the same weekend. If school didn't totally trash my spirit. If the bad stuff didn't happen.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 202?

I hope people see me and not my exterior.. oh wait I'm supposed to wear clothes? Well ok, I'll do that then.”

34. What kept you sane?

My friends, I can't thank them enough. All of them because they made my life so much more fun and happy and some of them for being there when I needed them.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Seriously just no.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

I don't really know, there was alot about equality in foreign countries and my own, there was a presidential election in USA and there were just stupid people on facebook that just tired me out before they even began.

37. Who did you miss?

I missed people that wasn't able to join in on the fun times because of work and things like that. Also things like moving to a whole other city far away. This includes at least three different friends throughout the year.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Probably our new members in UNF Silvernykter actually, they inspire me to keep trying to do everything I can to make our city more fun with better things to do than getting drunk.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:

I will not, I'm not god with generalizations.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Like earlier years I will try to use ”only” 5 songs.

I was raised out of steel here in the swamps of Jersey, some misty years ago
Through the mud and the beer, and the blood and the cheers, I've seen champions come and go
So if you got the guts mister, yeah, if you got the balls
If you think it's your time, then step to the line, and bring on your wrecking ball

Bring on your wrecking ball
Bring on your wrecking ball
Come on and take your best shot, let me see what you got
Bring on your wrecking ball

Now my home's here in these meadowlands where mosquitoes grow big as airplanes
Here where the blood is spilled, the arena's filled, and giants played their games
So raise up your glasses and let me hear your voices call
Because tonight all the dead are here, so bring on your wrecking ball

Bring on your wrecking ball
Bring on your wrecking ball
Come on and take your best shot, let me see what you got
Bring on your wrecking ball

One, two, a one two three four!

Yeah! Hey!

Yeah, we know that come tomorrow, none of this will be here
So hold tight on your anger, you hold tight on your anger
Hold tight to your anger, don't fall to your fears

Now when all this steel and these stories, they drift away to rust
And all our youth and beauty, it's been given to the dust
When the game has been decided and we're burning down the clock
And all our little victories and glories have turned into parking lots
When your best hopes and desires are scattered through the wind
And hard times come, and hard times go
And hard times come, and hard times go
And hard times come, and hard times go
And hard times come, and hard times go
And hard times come, and hard times go
Yeah just to come again

Bring on your wrecking ball
Bring on your wrecking ball
Come on and take your best shot, let me see what you got
Bring on your wrecking ball
Bring on your wrecking ball (bring on your wrecking ball)
Bring on your wrecking ball (bring on your wrecking ball)
Come on and take your best shot, let me see what you got
Bring on your wrecking ball

One, two, a one two three four!
(Whoa whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)

(Whoa whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa) bring on your wrecking ball
(Whoa whoa whoa-whoa) bring on your wrecking ball
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
(Whoa whoa-whoa)
Wrecking Ball by Bruce Springsteen

Att alltid ta tillbaks
eller att vara utan känslor är väl ändå samma sak
du lyder det du har
du slukar mina dagar och plockar upp det jag förstör

Jag ljuger om allt
jag kastar mina tankar ingenstans och överallt
vi var aldrig överens
du vill veta vad jag känner men ingenting känns

Och jag drömmer drömmar om att alla försvinner
en efter en
min äldsta bror och min bästa vän
och alla dem som jag inte har än

En hand över min
en obehaglig väntan i vägen för din
men jag har mina skäl
jag låter saker rinna ut så att jag slipper ta farväl

Nu ringer det igen
jag lever med en sanning och du kan inte tävla med den
jag vet inte vem hon är
men det måste finnas nån där ute som du kan vara med

Jag drömmer drömmar om att alla försvinner

en efter en
min äldsta bror och min bästa vän
och alla dem som jag inte har än

Jag drömmer drömmar om att alla försvinner
en efter en
min äldsta bror och min bästa vän
och alla dem som jag inte har än
Mardrömmar by Melissa Horn

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

Because I knew you

I have been changed for good

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

And none of it seems to matter anymore

Like a comet pulled from orbit [Like a ship blown from its mooring]
As it passes a sun [By a wind off the sea]
Like a stream that meets a boulder [Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood]
Halfway through the wood

Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

And because I knew you...

Because I knew you...

Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good.
For Good from Wicked

Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We’re kickin’ ass now)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We bring the house down)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We crush our enemies)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight to win
(We bring ’em to their knees)
I step in the arena
I get my knuckles crackin’
I try to keep it clean
But who knows what could happen
I see a long row, an ensemble
Of the best fighters from a combo of consoles
First came Ryu, a guy who cries (HADOUKEN!)
As he tries to fight you
I checked the dude in his chest
Just before I shocked Blanka
When I kicked the fool directly in his testicles
Sub-Zero felt the need to freeze me
Exsqueeze me?
That’s cheesy
His ass left bleeding
I Falcon Punched Captain Falcon
Just as I Super Smashed Mario up in his mustache
Panda gets up in my face and I’m thinking
That I’mma have to beat him
’til he’s pleadin’ for extinction
Leavin’ knuckle imprints on his eyelids
I ain’t sayin’ video games make me violent
But..
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We’re kickin’ ass now)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We bring the house down)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We crush our enemies)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight to win
(We bring ’em to their knees)
C-c-c-c-combo breaker!
Awww. I think I’m hit bad
Life bar almost depleted

Tag and I’m glad that you passed it to me
Which one of the cowards
Wanna bring the beef?
If you wanna harm me, better bring an army
Step in my way and I’m smashing your feet
Throw the knife. Pass it to me
I’mma slash Jin down to the white meat
Then I’m calling out Ken
(Let’s take it to the streets)
Then I’m breaking his back and I’m breaking his teeth
And my Chun-Li kick gotcha taking a seat
Kasumi did I catch you at a bad time?
You can try to run but your ass mine
FLATLINE!
Now that her ass is dying over there
I’m goin’ ater Kuma the Bear
Beat ya ’till you look like Yogi the Bear
Using my bare hands holding your hair
Where Scorpion at?
I’mma cause him harm
Death to Ayane though she a bomb
Hit her with a bomb
Whole lot of bombs
Bombs she the bomb
Bomb bomb bomb bomb
Heihachi came from Tekken trying to step into the game
But I couldn’t pronouce his name
So I put my weapon through his chest frame
Ripped out Lizardman’s tongue
He’s dumb with silence
And I ain’t saying video games make me violent
But..
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We’re kickin’ ass now)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We bring the house down)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We crush our enemies)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight to win
(We bring em’ to their knees)
Ain’t nothing like whippin’ your ass (whippin’ your ass)
‘Cause I love whippin’ your ass (I love ass)
Ain’t nothing like whippin’ your ass (whippin’ your ass)
‘Cause I love whippin’ your…
I step back to the arena bringin’ death
Who doubted me?
I’m ripping out Nightmare’s spine (FATALITY!)
The crowd cheers, shocked then silent
I ain’t sayin’ video games make me violent
But..
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We’re using cheat codes)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(Our thumbs are bleeding now!)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight fight to win
(We’re stuck up in our rooms!)
Every day day and every night night
I am gonna fight fight to win
(We never Rage Quit!)
Fight to Win by Your Favorite Martian feat. DeStorm

Du ska få se det kommer ordna sig var vad de sa till mig. Du ska få se att allt blir bra.
Jag var pissförbannad 14 år med Getta Grips och tovigt hår. Oresonlig, obstinat med strupen full av hat. Då var min utstötthet en självklarhet och då var våld min vardags mat.

Och de sa: Du provocerar när du inte passar in. Dels är skulden faktiskt din.
Klart du ska slippa slåss men om du var som oss vore det lättare förstås. Ja, om du slutar sticka ut ska du få se att allting ordnar sig till slut.

Men en novembernatt minns jag hur jag satt på småstadskyrkans tak. Hösten hosta hes och hårt.
Jag blicka ut på stad och kyrkogård. Där såg jag död men inget liv, nej ur mitt perspektiv märktes ingen skillnad av emellan stad och grav. Och jag sa:
Ni kan titta snett och ni kan titta ner. Men jag ska aldrig bli som er.

Jag har ett annat sätt att leva. Jag har ett annat ideal. En av de kantstötta och skeva. Men det är varje fall mitt eget val.

Jag föddes -77, är kanske vuxen nu ifall det spelar någon roll. Snart en medelålders man, men på sätt och vis så är jag likadan.
Ingenting har ordnat sig för jag har vägrat ordna mig. Men från 14 år till denna dag har jag mött många fler som jag.

Och du vars röst aldrig blir hörd. Punkare eller rollspels nörd, häxa eller hednadotter, regnhund, goth och globetrotter.
Vi har en stor funktion i det normalas definition. Allting vanligt innebär, e att va allt vi inte är. Stolta syster. Kom ihåg min tappre bror. Vi är långt flera än du tror.

Som har ett annat sätt att leva. Som har ett annat ideal. Vi är de kantstötta och skeva. Men det är i varje fall fall vårt eget val. Låt någon annan vara normal, ren och lycklig sund och smal. Vi ska vara deras freaks och original.

Vi har ett annat sätt att leva. Vi har ett annat ideal. Vi är de kantstötta och skeva, men det är vårt eget val.
Freaks och original by Loke Nyberg

END-12 THE ONES LAST YEAR AWARDS!

I'm doing these awards again this year, yes. I'll be telling you my favourite in several different categories and a runner up.. in other words 2 titles/people/whatever wins in each category! There's not really any order to the two in each category so both win equally.

BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE 2012

Emil Jensen at Klubb Lovisa in Västerås: I love his songs and his poems and helping a little with arranging the event was definetly an extra spice.

Thomas Järvheden in Västerås: Sadly; I almost didn't see more than Emil live this year that I can think of. I did see Thomas Järvheden though and that was quite funny. His funny songs were ok and his serious ones too. I thought the best parts were his stand-up between. I went with my family and they seemed to enjoy themselves so that was good.

BEST ALBUM 2012

Wrecking Ball” by Bruce Springsteen: I'm a bit of a Springsteen fan and in my opinion this is the best album from him since Devils and Dust and I say that even though I did like both Magic and Working on a Dream. Both Death to My Hometown and Wrecking Ball were instant favorites and both This Depression and Rocky Ground are really powerful. In short I like the sound and lyrics.

"Till mina älskade och älskare” by Linnea Henriksson: I realised that I gave her an award the two years before this one. But I have to give this award too because it is the other album that deserves this this year. Väldigt kär/Obegripligt ensam was awesome when I heard it the first time but I was worried that it was just that one song that was going to be great but I found out I didn't have to worry. Almost all of the songs on the album are really great; Alice, Lyckligare nu, Mitt rum i ditt hjärta and so on. I really like it.

BEST SONG 2012

Gotta be honest, for some reason I can't remember much of what music has been like from this entire year. It feels like everything else got clouded by Gotye and Gangnam style and Call Me Maybe and such songs. Maybe it's just me not listening as much to the really new stuff too. The awards is going to go to songs I've listened to much quite recently.

Jag och min far by Magnus Uggla: A great version of a song I already liked in Olle Ljungströms original version. Uggla just takes the concept and goes (what I can only assume is) very personal with it and it is about the most touching song I've heard in a long time. It is perfect in many ways. Great lyrics and it is sung with such feeling that I can't help but love it.

Bitch Bad by Lupe Fiasco: Just in general I want to give this award to Lupe, I think he's brilliant. Words I Never Said have been playing frequently in my headphones. Lupe and rappers like him is why I listen to rap, to me; it's the good side of rap. And this song is (like many of his other songs) actually bringing up an issue hip hop and rap of the other kind help worsen. It is cleverly written and brings up one way things could happen with the cultural image put forth. Now, it is not a clinic study that goes over everything in detail, you can't fit that in a song but what it is is a stiking image that gives people a gist of the problem. The disclaimer-rhymer line is not that good but overall the lyrics are brilliant and the song is extremely catchy which is also a plus. I'll just end it here or I could go on for too long, in short; love the song, listen to it if you haven't already.

BEST MUSICIAN 2012

Bruce Springsteen: he released an album that I really like, he supported Obama in his campaign (watching him after he had won and then hearing a Springsteen-song start right after he was finished speaking was powerful) and my sister was extremely moved by his concert here in Sweden, I wish I could've been there. As always; this award has to go out to artists that have made an impression on me during the year and that can't only be about the music. (Though of course that has to be there too).

Loreen: she won the Eurovision Song Contest with a song I really like and she also proved herself to be a person I can look up to, I can't say that about the majority of celebrities. She doesn't drink and she is highly engaged in social issues in the world. Plus I've still not really tired of the song which says ALOT for a song that is played sooo regularly.

BEST GAME 2012

I really had to think about this one, I had 4 games I considered and I finally excluded Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations because I couldn't justify it as best over the others, no matter how much fun I had with it, it felt like Storm 2 with characters from 1 thrown in. I know a bit was done to make the combat smoother but in my opinion there was still not enough new stuff in it. And for the same reason I had to exclude Soul Calibur V too, the fighting-system is the slickest one yet and I love the game for that and the character creator is amazing, me and my friends have made the most amazing characters ever. But I could only choose two in the end.

Playstation All-stars Battle Royale: There's still much I want to ask of this game. The roster is not as complete as I would have wanted. There are some hick-ups with the combat, the supers feel quite unevenly balanced for example. But with that said; I think it's really really fun to play, in the beginning I thought this game could only be fun playing it with friends but I've actually begun to play it quite a bit online now and that is actually fun too.

Dead or Alive 5: I... wouldn't have thought that I would think of a DoA game as the best game of the year but DoA5 made me have to reconsider that. My friend bought it and we were both surprised at how solid it was as a fighting game and we've had some of the most intense fights this year playing this game. I love it.

BEST ANIME 2012

Hunter x Hunter: It was sometime this year I suddenly realized that for some weeks when I woke up sunday morning and two new episodes of animé had come out; I actually was more excited for Hunter x Hunter than One Piece. And One Piece generally is my favorite manga/animé, period. So that really said something. This animé really entertained me alot, Hisoka is a delicious character and the spiders were amazing, I really liked that they could still feel as powerful as they were supposed to be, that rarelly happens in fiction for real.

Naruto Shippuden: This was a very, very good year for the Naruto animé, for a long time there were no fillers, of course some of the pacing still was poorly executed (Choujis fight with Asuma could have been much shorter for example) but overall it was awesome having so much canon content. And then... when fillers started, the seven swordsmen-fillers were something I had asked for because I felt it was rushed in the manga... and they actually executed it pretty well. But that was not the big shocker, the big thing was chikara. It's a filler-arc... that is actually good... that I actually want to see more of... I'm amazed that Naruto actually managed to do that.

Animés that didn’t make it and why:
Bleach: It ended and in a pretty sudden and half-assed way, just the way to go for the series. I read the manga now.
One Piece: Like I said, I love One Piece... but most of the year was spent on an arc that was ok but not amazing and it really felt like it was dragged out for too long.
Fairy Tail: It was ok, it had fillers that I thought was ok actually and well it was alright overall. Not nearly winning-this-award-material though. I think this was the year that had the stupid timeskip, right? Well that was stupid.
Naruto SD (Rock Lee): This was fun watching but I didn't feel I had to rush to see it like the other ones.

BEST YOUTUBE CHANNEL 2012

Game Grumps: Two of my favorite content creators from the internet joins up and plays games to a hilarious result? Count me in!

Farfromsubtle: I watch this show too much, I really love it and I watch every game that I'm the least bit interested in, they've got a set up like no other show and they feel more human than most people, they almost become like family, I love to hate Fraser when he's stupid or fails at something in a video game but I also see the nice sides in him and the same sort of things can be said for all five people on the show.

BEST WEBSITE 2012

Kanzenshuu.com and Saiyanisland.com

Both are basically news-sites for animé, Kanzenshuu is only Dragon Ball... I've come to embrace the huge Dragon Ball-nerd in me again this year and Kanzenshuu really helped me along with that. I've visited Saiyanisland more than most sites this year, mostly to keep myself up-to-date with news on Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 which I'm really excited about!

BEST FICTIONAL CHARACTER 2012

Hisoka: From Hunter x Hunter, Hisoka has been deliciously maleficent and a joy to watch, I get chills just thinking about him, at times he can creap me out in a way that I like and he's weird and kind of twisted, that's always a plus, even seeming to get pleasure out of watching the main character grow, he is really entertaining.

Gollum: I just have to give it to him, the whole scene in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey with him and Bilbo is wonderfully executed and he is just about the right amount of vunerable and manages to be really intimidating at the same time, making the danger feel real. The performance of the actor is brilliant and so is the dialogue and everything about the character.

BEST FILM 2012

The Avengers: I couldn't believe that this movie actually turned out to be as good as it is. I went in with low expectations because I love to watch superhero movies and I couldn't really see how pulling together The Avengers was going to work, I was saying to myself that I will enjoy it for the sillyness that it probably will be. But oh was I in for a surprise. I actually own this movie on BluRay now and I've seen it 4 times, I'm planning on seeing it much more. I just love it. Why do I love it? Well the action is good and the dialogue is phenomenal, the characters are awesome in and of themselves but they are masterfully portrayed here, making me like them even more. To me it's like the perfect superhero action movie.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: No film manages to build atmosphere like this one does, it was long but I didn't feel like anything dragged really, it felt more like it took it's time with the characters so that I felt I could get to know them a bit, get to know the world a bit. Because who wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in that world honestly? And I think the film had a very good mix too, everything from funny moments to serious battles and all things you can think of in the middle of that scale. The actors were phenomenal too, I like how Bilbo still managed to feel like Bilbo, characteristics I've picked up on in the older Bilbo was still there in this performance of a younger version, Gandalf was amusing and the dwarfs were nicely done and I've already talked about Gollum. I really really liked it.

BEST EXPERIENCE 2012

UppCon: I said goodbye to what in my mind is THE convention, it's the first one I went to, it's the one I've been to the most times and I kind of grew up with it. All my love to the convention, I will never forget it. This year was everything I could've hoped for for a finish too, almost all of the people that I've been there with over the years were there and the shopping was awesome and the cosplay-contest too and it was just... pure joy non-stop. I can't express just how grateful I am to the convention and to the people with me who helped make the experience what it was.

And I can't choose anything over the other for the second thing I want to give an award. Sooo... here's a short list of things that deserve it equally; Going to the cinema a bunch (I have never watched as many movies in a year in the cinemas as I did this one and I always went with friends and it was great!), Fighting game weekends (we started realizing that we should have whole days or more dedicated to JUST fighting games... 'cause we love them, they're a great way to socialize, also just hanging out with Kenny and maybe other people playing fighting games was just as fun :D!), Thursdays (getting together and watching Naruto and just hanging out once every week is just about one of the most awesome things in my life), Summer camp (I hadn't done it before and it really was an adventure, I've got many fond memories, many of times when things went wrong and we were facing some adversities but that just made our little group bond stronger), The birthdays of people (especially mine because.. ALL the people I invited are people I really want to be there and almost all of them came and it was just a blurr of happy and so on) and NärCon (The sole reason I'm not as devastated as I could be that UppCon is gone). I've probably missed a lot but I'm just greatful for getting to live and getting to do that in the presence of people I absolutely love so if you've spent time with me this year, you and the things we did are just as much a part of this award as all the things listed. No matter if we sat and talked seriously about things so that the time flew by or if we celebrated that the end of the world probably wasn't going to happen or if we had a ”fika” or whatever. I luv'd it. So thank you. All of you.

Awards taken out from last year:
BEST VIDEO GAME CONSOLE: I would've just picked the same two ones.
BEST LYRICS: Because I didn't feel I had to make the distinction this year, most music I think is good is based on the lyrics so it went into the best song award, also I didn't feel as with the times with the music this year so I didn't have as much to say about it.

If you happen to have any award that you feel I should’ve given out, it’s not too late yet! If anybody suggests something in the comments I could give out more awards in a later post next month or something. But you have to give me categories for me to give prizes in.

Alright, that’s it. And now a classic in this blog: the song of today:

The song of today:
First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes

I've been listening to this song so much this year, there's something so absolutely charming and hopeful with it. I know that it feels a little exaggerated, like many songs do but isn't that what humans do? Exaggerate. And this song manages to get away with it anyway, it doesn't get annoying. I kind of fell in love with this song for a while xD.

Anyway, that's all folks, I hope you have a fantastic year ahead of you, I know I will try to make mine awesome.

No comments: